What is the Dash?
The Denver City Lax Dash is a 5K race that will take place at Washington Park on February 5th, 2017. The race is bringing the Colorado lacrosse community together to support and rally around a great cause. The Dash is a community service opportunity engaging the Colorado High School lacrosse community in a fundraising event benefiting Denver City Lax! Last year, in 2016, over 300 HS lacrosse players from all over Colorado ran in the Dash making it the most successful non-profit fundraiser attributable to high school lacrosse players in Colorado lacrosse history!
- The Dash is a fundraiser for Denver City Lax. By participating in the race, you are helping City Lax continue to create educational and enrichment opportunities for youth in underserved Denver areas through the sport of lacrosse.
- Receive valuable community service hours (up to 20) that directly impact a kid’s life whom you share a common bond of lacrosse with.
- Get in great shape before the start of your season.
- Feel a sense of accomplishment by helping a local nonprofit while bettering yourself.
- Be a part of the most successful non-profit fundraiser attributable to high lacrosse players in Colorado history.
How do I sign up?
- Fill out the Dash Registration Form
- We will create your online page and send it back to you (Be sure to check your email)
- Personalize your online page (Fundraising goal, personal picture, why you are running)
- Share your page with family and friends (Email, letter, social media, etc.)
- Go for a run and play wall ball to get ready for the season.
When and Where is the City Lax Dash?
- The City Lax Dash will be on February 5th, 2017 at Washington Park (MAP) in Denver.
- Race Day Logistics:
- Park at South High School
- 9:15 AM – Runner check in & snacks at City Lax tent
- 10:00 AM – Race begins!
- 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – post race festivities (music, 3x lacrosse games, prizes, and more).
What is Denver City Lax?
- Denver City Lax is a 501(c)(3) non-profit youth development program using lacrosse as a platform for social change in urban Denver neighborhoods. Hundreds of kids participate in our program delivering health, character and leadership skills that lead to academic success and positive social outcomes. All of our programs are run at no cost to participants and their families.
- We introduce 1,000’s of new kids to the sport and have over 250 full time participants.
- Use themes found in lacrosse that translate over to daily life skills such as sportsmanship, responsibility, leadership and healthy living.
- Mentoring, tutoring and academic advising.
How long is the race?
- The City Lax Dash is a 5K race which is about 3.2 miles.
- Runners should have the goal of finishing between 22-25 minutes.
How much does it cost to register for the City Lax Dash?
- Each individual participating in the City Lax Dash is required to fundraise a minimum of $100 on their personal crowdfunding page.
- Once the $100 minimum is met the individual will be entered into the race and will also receive a race t-shirt.
How do I get community service hours?
- You can earn up to 20 hours of community service for participating in the City Lax Dash.
- Community service hours are earned through the time you spend physically training for the Dash and fundraising in order to meet your goal.
- It’s important each individual keep track of their own hours.
How Does Crowdrise Work?
Crowdrise is a team-based crowdfunding platform. Each school participating in the Dash has a team page, and each runner representing that school has their own personal page. This is where you ask friends and family to support your running effort.
What does the money that I fundraise go towards and are there any rewards?
$100 – EQUIP A CITY LAX PLAYER!
When you raise $100 on your campaign you:
- Will fully equip a City Lax player this Spring!
- Will be entered for the #CityLaxDash and receive a race T-Shirt.
$250 – SPONSOR A BOY OR GIRL THIS SPRING!
When you raise $250 on your campaign you:
- Will sponsor a boy/girl for this upcoming spring season (includes all equipment, uniform, registration fees, etc)
- Receive a City Lax hat (plus all items above)
$500 – SEND A CITY LAX KID TO CAMP
When you raise $500 on your campaign you:
- Will send a kid to a weeklong overnight lacrosse and leadership camp.
- Receive a City Lax Hoodie (plus all items above)
$1000 – SCHOLARSHIP A PARTICIPANT FOR A YEAR
When you raise $1000 on your campaign you:
- Will provide a full scholarship for one boy or girls for a year.
- Includes all equipment, registration fees, 1v1 mentorship, camps, travel/adventure, competitive team experience, etc).
- Receive a City Lax shorts (plus all items above)
Have additional questions?
Contact Eric – Eric@CityLaxDenver.org